Junior Software Developer
Purpose of Position:
The Junior Software Developer is an entry-level position for a recent graduate; they will be tasked with documenting, implementing, and testing software work products under the supervision of more senior software developers. The Junior Software Developer will report directly to the Software Team Lead in our Sudbury office.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Documenting design process, and reporting development progress at regular intervals.
- Designing routines and lower-level architecture development.
- Creating test procedures, in an effort to validate and verify the software work product.
- Tracking software bug reports, including performing root cause analyses and attempting bug fixes.
- Integrating software work products and performing project closeout duties.
The Junior Software Developer will hold a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following:
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- Computer Systems Engineering or
The Junior Software Developer will possess the following qualities:
- Some experience developing software, preferably using the Object-Oriented design paradigm.
- Experience writing test cases geared towards acceptance testing and commissioning of complete systems.
- Proficiency with the following programming languages:
Any of the following qualities, while not required, will be consider an asset:
- Embedded programming knowledge – specifically interfacing with embedded network devices.
- Knowledge of scripting methods.
University or college graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. The candidate must be a graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program. The position will be a first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study.