Safer working environment, minimize equipment failure
Speed Guard is a solution that prevents mobile equipment operators from over-speeding, resulting in increased mine safety by preventing speeds in excess of equipment’s and organization’s safe operating parameters. Speed Guard saves money by minimizing premature component failure due to operating above equipment manufacturer specifications.
How does it work?
- Mounted in operator cab
- Wired into vehicle harness to engine and powertrain ECM
- Monitors vehicle ground speed and engine RPM
- Speed Guard will notify operator when pre-set value for over RPM or ground speed have been reached
- When upper threshold has been reached the operator will be notified by both a visual and audible alarm on the device
- Once alarm is triggered operator will have configurable time to lower RPM and/or speed
- If the alarm is ignored beyond configurable time the device will place the vehicle into a pre-set governed state
- Vehicle will stay in governed state until a reset can be conducted either manually or via Symbot
- Data will be logged
Prevent speeds in excess of equipment’s safe operating parameters and organization’s safe operating procedures
Minimize premature component failure due to operating above equipment manufacturer specifications
Log run-time hour meter based on speed, RPM, and brake release for accurate production tracking
|Brochure Speed Guard|